Homer- Student of the week

Briton Homer was chosen as Student of the Week for LHS.

Photo by Summer Ericson

Summer Ericson, Staff Writer

Mary Coyne, an AP Calculus and Accelerated Calculus teacher, was excited to name Briton Homer as her choice for Student of the Week. Homer is currently a senior at LHS. After consideration of who Coyne wanted to choose, she was content with her decision. Coyne was eager to see Homer’s reaction to her conclusion.

AP Calculus is very strenuous and involves a great deal of commitment. While most students would not dare to start school work earlier than required to, Homer took on the commitment of AP Calculus and faced it head on, starting his schoolwork before the year even started.

“I had an assignment on classroom and he did it before school even started,” said Coyne. “I was like woah. Who is this?”

Improvement is a very important aspect for teachers, and Coyne also made sure to explain how much Homer has improved throughout the years she has had him.

“He’s been accountable and his work is complete,” said Coyne. “In one week he’s made wonderful improvements in his study habits. Lots of growth and maturity with him.”

Not only has Homer taken on the responsibility of AP Calculus, he has other AP classes to also incorporate into his schedule. He is currently taking AP Biology and AP Government. Homer plans to become an Endodontist, a dental specialist, in his future.

All of this hard work is deserving of being student of the week, and Homer will continue to meet up to the expectations that Coyne has recently set for him.