Homecoming Olympics

Posters hung in the theme of Olympic rings for homecoming week

Photo by: Emily Whitney

Emily Whitney, Staff Writer

With LHS Homecoming Week almost upon us, its time to get serious. Not just seriously excited, but seriously competitive. This year’s theme revolves around “Homecoming Olympics,” which allows each student to pick between the two themes each day. Here are the daily theme battles that students can get involved in:

Monday (Denim v. Khaki): Heres your chance to wear that perfectly faded jean jacket or those crazy cool khakis youve been dying to wear.

Tuesday (Spots v. Stripes): Bring out your polka dot shirts from Third Grade Picture Day or those striped shirts that everyone wore last season until they wised up.

Wednesday (Techie v. Sporty): Reveal what side you belong to by deciding between super big glasses and suspenders (and a bright future) or all that Nike gear you bought to help keep Scheels in business.

Thursday (Preppy v. Hipster): Either wear your sorority/frat outfits (sweater tied around waist is optional) or show your coffee shop style while quoting random snippets of poetry.

Friday (Red v. White v. Blue): Show your LHS spirit by bringing out your favorite American colors and attending the pep rally! Helpful hint: There are no wrong choices here.

Heres a look at LHS Homecoming Royalty Candidates:

This year’s queen candidates each bring amazing potential to take home the crown. The first candidate, Kenna Decker, is a member of the soccer team, Student Council and NHS. Katie Patrick is our second candidate and she is involved in cross country, track and field, Student Council and NHS. Next is Vanesa Arapovic, who is currently taking her fifth year of Spanish and plans to join world language club. The fourth candidate, Mandy Neff, is a member of cross country, track and field, NHS and Student Council. Our final candidate is Elma Sahuric, who is involved in the Spinsters Committee, salsa and FCA.

Candidates on the boys’ side also have some star power. Ben Schilling may look like hes in his 30s, but he is definitely a member of the football team and is our first candidate. Second, we have Trent Naasz who is also a star member of our football team. Next is Eric Looby, who competes in football, basketball and track and field along with being the student council treasurer. Our fourth candidate is the smartest guy at LHS, Eric Feng. He is a member of the symphonic band, cross country and NHS. Last but not least, the final candidate is Dan Gertner who is a member of track and field, cross country and NHS.