Why everyone should dress up for Homecoming

Jack Fehrs, Staff writer

There are a variety of things to do during homecoming. Coronation, where the Homecoming King and Queen are revealed, the football game, the Homecoming dance, which includes inflatables and other games this year and throughout the week there are themes that the student body dresses up to. However, an issue that comes up every year is participation. Many students don’t dress up because they think the themes are “lame”.

I believe that everyone should dress up for homecoming. First of all, it is such a good way to have fun for once and not take yourself so seriously. It’s a time to wear funny outfits and crack jokes with friends about your clothes. No one is going to make fun of you for going all out. Sometimes it is important to just lay back and enjoy yourself, and Homecoming is the perfect time to do that. It is not often that you get to wear a denim jumpsuit to school so when an opportunity presents itself to dress whacky take advantage of it!

Secondly, it is a good way to show school spirit. Dressing up for Homecoming shows that you care about what is going on around LHS and that you want to be part of it. When a student does not dress up, it gives off a tone of arrogance to their peers. Students will say “This theme sucks”. Well make what you can of it.

I am confident that anyone who dislikes a theme can still add their own personal spin on it and end up having fun dressing up to the theme.

— Jack Fehrs

Although homecoming is coming to a close for this year, Homegoing will come sooner than expected and there will be new themes to be dressed to. So until then, work hard in school but when homegoing comes around, maybe consider relaxing just enough to dress up and goof around a little for a week.