Mark Wood brings ‘Electrify Your Symphony Victory Tour’ to Sioux Falls

Sidney Brower, Staff Writer

Mark Wood, a renowned rock orchestra violinist, is bringing his expertise to our home town. He will be performing with nearly 3,000 students from both the public and private school systems. The concert is being held to raise money for the local school music programs. The “Electrify Your Symphony Victory Tour” will be scheduled on Saturday, Dec. 17 at 7 p.m. at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.

Tickets are $20 and available for the general public starting at 10 a.m. on Monday, November 7. They can be purchased at the KELOLAND Box Office, www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (800)745-3000. Seats must be reserved prior to attendance.

The event will begin and end with the students as well as Mark Wood’s combined performance. Wood’s group will then be performing in the middle section by themselves.

Leading up to the concert, Wood and his orchestra will be making their way to Sioux Falls middle schools from Dec. 14-17. This will give students an opportunity to see and hear exactly what electric rock orchestra is truly about. These students will also learn music improvisation, choreography and build a passion for performing.

Another growing accomplishment of Wood is his educational inquiry, Electrify Your Strings (EYS). EYS works to provide a high voltage amount of rock into a school’s music program. It is to be believed that by this children’s self-esteem and motivation are boosted, as well as increased school, family and community interaction. In addition, all proceeds are donated to help raise money for participating schools.

Attending the Electrify Your Symphony Victory Tour could bring a new light into your eyes regarding music.

“What we wanted to do was create [a music program] where we could show how special music is,” said Wood.
Music can help people escape or bring them to the surface. This exciting opportunity, will give children the chance to try something new. All proceeds go to schools in an attempt to grow and build their music programs all around our city. An event like this will be sure not to disappoint.