LHS Fine Arts student of the week

Photo by Riley Rasmussen

Riley Rasmussen, Staff Writer

The LHS Oral Interp team is heading into a new season with successful wins. All of the LHS Oral Interp members including LHS senior Sofia Haan play a part in the team’s success. LHS Oral Interp coach Kit Rodgers chose Haan for Fine Arts Student of the Week.

“She is an all-around helpful and nice person. She is a willing to work with anybody she meets type of person,” said Rodgers.

Outside of Oral Interp, Haan likes to collect vinyls and go shopping. Haan enjoys the competition part of LHS Oral Interp. The chance to be able to see everyone from all around perform and hearing what they have been working on for the competitions is the best part for Haan.

“The thing I look forward to this season is being able to bring in new novices and build our team with new team members and a coach,” said Haan. “Also, getting to a new level especially in second season.”

So far this season, Haan has placed first in two different categories in both tournaments the LHS Oral Interp team has competed in. Haan made nationals last year in the category of informative. In the first season of Oral Interp competitions, Haan competes in storytelling and reader’s theatre. In the second season of competitions, Haan competes in informative speaking.

“She has been very welcoming to me as a new coach. I know that it is hard as a senior to have a new coach,” said Rodgers. “She is very self-sufficient, organized and self assured.”