Student of the week- Logan Kolb

Ellie Lamberty, Staff Writer

When filling out all the daunting forms about what classes to take next year, most students are picking the required classes and maybe one or two fun ones to get them through the day. Everyone picks based on what they have to take to graduate, and most of the time not what he or she is necessarily interested in. Senior Logan Kolb filled out his previous years schedule chock full of hands on classes in the applied arts department. With this course load comes a lot of hard work, and Kolb has really risen to the occasion. Kolb’s dedication, hardworking mentality and all around good personality make him the perfect Student of the Week.

Auto and Welding teacher Ryan Kortemeyer has gotten to know Kolb well this year. Kolb is involved largely in the Applied Arts department, and is currently taking two classes taught by Mr. Kortemeyer. Kolb is taking a not so typical approach to school. He is taking his required classes, but he is also really focusing in on classes he is interested in and sees a possible future in. Kolb is always willing to help others, even while he is working on projects himself.  

“He is willing to succeed,” said Kortemeyer. “He jumps into classes, and he is able to adapt and not give up. He is willing to fail before he can succeed, and that’s usually what happens in life too.”

Although Kolb is a great student, he also is a good and well-rounded person. He is interested in what he is doing, and he is always trying to assist others.

“He has a common friendship with everyone,” said Kortemeyer. “He is willing to work with anybody and he always wants everyone else to succeed. You can partner him up with anyone and he will work well alongside them and encourage them.”

Kortemeyer sees a bigger future for Kolb because of the qualities he has exemplified. He is excited to see what the following years will hold for Kolb.

“I see him in some type of leadership role,” said Kortemeyer. “He will do something industry based like engineering, mechanical engineering or structural engineering. He is very mechanically inclined.”