The Ball brothers can ball

Photo provided by Google Public Use

The Ball brothers working on their craft on the court

Oliver Lockwood-Powell, Staff Writer

Basketball has been a must watch sport for generations and will be for generations to come. The sport itself is a fun game to watch for most, but the players are what make it interesting.

The Ball brothers have been taking the sports world by storm and have gained attention from NBA scouts and famous figures around the world. They are not only able to pass and score, but they are also leaders. The three brothers, LiAngelo, LaMelo and Lonzo Ball led their team to the national crown in 2016 with ease. The Chino Hills squad ended with a perfect record and still are yet to lose this season.

Although Chino Hills lost their best all-around player Lonzo Ball to UCLA, they are still looking to repeat this year and bring that trophy back to California. Lonzo has repeated his success in the college world as well. The 6’6 point guard has shown flashes of being great and has drawn comparisons to Russell Westbrook and Jason Kidd. Not only is he being compared to all-time greats, he is also projected to be a top five pick in the upcoming 2017 NBA draft.

Following behind in Lonzo’s footsteps is LiAngelo. LiAngelo has a niche of being an aggressive shooting guard who has near limitless range and the power to dunk on someone at will. The 6’5 shooting guard weighs in at about 220 pounds and most of it is pure muscle. As a senior for the Chino Hills squad, he looks to take the reigns from his brother, Lonzo, and be the team leader to the younger and less experienced basketball players. After his high school career, LiAngelo is going to attend UCLA for basketball to replace his older brother, who is more than likely a one-and-done prospect.

Right behind LiAngelo is LaMelo. LaMelo is known to be the most exciting prospect in the family with the potential to be the best out of the three studs. Some of his best attributes are the fact that he can shoot from anywhere on the court and pass the ball to his teammates that one would assume he could not even see. However, his best attribute is his defense. LaMelo is a lockdown defender and has a knack for the ball. His quick hands on defense turns into a great ally oop on the other end for his brothers and friends. These skills also gave him, just like his two brothers, a scholarship to UCLA for basketball. Being stuck in his 6’2” 155lb frame, he still has a lot of time to grow as he is only a sophmore in high school.

All three of these NBA hopeful brothers are looking to continue their success on the college level, the question is, will they all see each other in the NBA?