Live a little

NBA

Live a little

Jack Fehrs, Staff Writer

Over the weekend, one of my dreams came true. I finally got to attend an NBA game between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Washington Wizards. It was the experience of a lifetime and I got to see the legendary John Wall of the Wizards play as well as up and comers such as D’Angelo Russell of the Lakers. The game went just as I had expected and hoped.

The two teams went back and forth the whole game. It went down to the wire until the Wizards finally pulled away towards the end. Both point guards went at each other until John Wall, being the veteran that he is, came up clutch and went off, and took the game out of reach. All in all, the game was full of ankle-breakers, monster blocks and, most of all, excitement. But one thing that I thought of after the game was, “Was the pretty penny I spent on the tickets really worth it?”. The tickets cost 25 dollars which doesn’t seem like much. However, the trip was 500 dollars out of pocket even with the student council covering half of the cost, which doesn’t factor in the cost of food and transportation in Washington D.C.

However, after much thought, I have decided that the price was worth it. Sometimes, it is important to enjoy yourself. The price of the tickets was well worth the memory. Attending a basketball game in the nation’s capital is something I will never forget. Money can be earned back but regret can’t be sold. When John Wall and D’Angelo Russell are in the hall of fame, I will tell my grand kids about the time that I watched them battle on the court.