LHS girls basketball team faces the WHS Warriors

The LHS Lady Patriots played an outstanding and ended with a victory over WHS.

Sidney brower

Sidney Brower, Staff Writer

Last Tuesday night, Feb. 7 the LHS girls basketball team took on their crosstown rivals, the WHS Warriors, on their home court. With a previous win against the Warriors the Lady Patriots were prepared to continue their winning record. Before the night even began students were riled up and ready to cheer on their favorite team to a hopeful victory.

In preparation for the night, specialized t-shirts were made to encourage the participation and support of the LHS students. These t-shirts were free to the first 250 students to enter into the game. Students piled in sporting their new LHS basketball shirts and high spirits for the upcoming battle.

Both teams started the game off with great intensity. This caused the lead to go back and forth throughout the entire first half. Senior Sydney Rosinsky stepped up and helped her team to a huge advantage by scoring a total of seven three point shots, as well as a buzzer beater that put LHS up by one point entering into halftime.

The team knew what was working and decided to stick with their strategy throughout the entire game. Their strategy, playing man to man defense, allowed them to take the lead and end the game with some of their best defense of the season.

After LHS lead by a solid 20 points in the fourth quarter, more members of the team got playing time. These girls went out and worked as hard as the starting line up players, keeping the Patriot’s lead against the Warriors up until the final buzzer.

“We moved the ball and played like a team really well this game,” said senior Baylie Embry.

The Lady Patriots displayed their outstanding skills last night against WHS with a final score of 71-53 and are ready to keep proving themselves for our school. Support the LHS girls basketball team as they continue onwards to state in the upcoming months.

Leading scorer: Sydney Rosinsky with 25
Leading rebounds: Brooke Luitjens with 11