PE Student of the week: Fetter

Photo by Madison Landon

Senior Chris Fetter earned PE student of the week for his effort in first semester intramural sports.

Madison Landon, News Editor

Each week, teachers get together and decide who in their classes deserves to be named student of the week. They decide based off of several factors, such as their effort, participation and their attitude towards learning in class. This week, the PE department decided on a senior who was in gym last semester, Chris Fetter.

Fetter was in the gym class intramural sports during the first semester, and teacher Kaaren Huber had high praise for what he did in class.

“[Fetter] always participates and plays the game the right way,” said Huber.

Other qualities that Fetter showed during gym were that he is a team player and that he always gives his maximum effort. Fetter is consistently looking for ways to help out the teacher during class and he is always a positive figure to encourage others to play their best as well.

Fetter is an active member in LHS athletics, so that makes him an obvious choice for PE student of the week. He has been a four year member of the LHS football team and he participates in powerlifting as well. All of these qualities make Fetter the type of student that teachers enjoy to have in their class, and that is why he is deserving of PE student of the week.