LHS crazie essentials for the 2017 state basketball tournament

Julia Breukelman, Feature Editor

A state title is the end all be all in sports. It is what every team’s final goal is. To help support our boys basketball team, true LHS crazies should trek west to Rapid City, SD. The tournament will be held on Thursday, Mar. 16 to Saturday, Mar. 18. The boys will be challenged each day with one game by a new opponent. Here are a few essentials for the LHS Crazies for the 2017 state basketball tournament:

Blue attire

The first game of the state tournament on Thursday will be blue out for the LHS Crazies. There is no such thing as too much blue.

Red attire

On Friday the theme in red out for the students and parents. Show support for the LHS boys basketball team by dressing head to toe in red.

White attire

The final game of the tournament will be white out. Be sure to bring to Rapid City a crisp, white outfit.

Hotel Room

Many high schoolers tend to stay at the Econolodge in Rapid City because of the low rates and relaxed vibe. A more convenient place to stay would be the Holiday Inn because of its location near the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center where the tournament in held.

Car and gas

Carpooling is an obvious must for driving five plus hours to the other side of the state. Be sure to ride with friends who love to play throwbacks and will throw the driver a few bucks for gas.

Tickets

Tickets go on sale Thursday, Mar. 9 at www.gotmine.com. Students can buy them for 30 dollars and adult tickets cost 45 dollars for the whole tournament. Be sure to get the pack to attend every game to not miss out on any SD basketball.

Pocket change

Eating out adds up and it is important to buy at least one souvenir while visiting the Wild West. Be sure to bring some petty cash to get you through the long weekend with a full tummy and to be able to go home with a few knickknacks.

Energy and enthusiasm

The LHS Crazies need to be at an all time level of crazy. This means that everyone needs to bring their loudest voices and the rowdiest version of themselves.