Fine arts student of the week: DeLange

Abbie Griffin, Staff Writer

LHS is a school known for many different things: sports, academics and band. But something many people may overlook is arts. At LHS there are over 10 art classes and these include Exploring Visual Arts, Drawing I, Drawing II, AP Studio Art-Drawing, AP Studio Art- 2-D Design, 3-D Design & Construction I, 3-D Design & Construction II, Graphic Design, Painting I, Painting II, Photography I and Photography II. With hundreds of students taking these classes every year at LHS, real talent can really start to show.

When searching for a fine arts student of the Week, Demi DeLange shows the talent, hard work and dedication that is need to meet this achievement. This accomplishment is meant to recognize students of artistic excellence and success in not only their art classes, but throughout the art department. To art teacher Sarah Winterscheidt and Susan Waagmeester, DeLange was an obvious choice.

“I would recommend Demi DeLange,” said Winterscheidt. “She is a talented photographer and has applied her art to her life.”

Her artistic qualities are continuously proven through not only her ability to achieve in the classroom, but also how she shows them outside of school.

She made her room into a Pinhole camera for Extra Credit and volunteered to take photos at the Miss Amazing Pageant at Augustana,” said Winterscheidt. “It is an event for students with learning disabilities.”