The Boss of Cross (XC)

Sophomore, Caroline Sudbeck returns as Varsity runner once again.

Caroline Sudbeck

Brita Quello, Staff Writer

As the school year starts up, Cross Country follows. The LHS Crazies are excited to see what the end of this XC season will hold. They have had success in the past, and the Crazies are excited about the future.

“Coach Pooley is pushing us this year to be even better than last year,” said Varsity runner, Caroline Sudbeck. “This season we have set even harder goals that we are wanting to accomplish. For example, we are hoping to qualify for the Nike meet in Portland, but to do so we need to place 1st or 2nd at regionals. At times it, can be stressful, but you need to keep your goals in mind, and not fall behind in anything.”

Sudbeck and her team are very excited to finish out this season. They have high goals that they have been committed to accomplishing, and the Crazies are here to support along side them, as well. Last year they were able to take the state championship with great amounts of sweat and tears. This season, they are excited for what the future holds too.

“Not only do we just run, we also get the chance to bond,” said Sudbeck. “Through this experience I have been able to make some very close friends that I would not have made otherwise.”

This team is not just built on speed; it is also built on friendship. Through friendship, they lean on one another and strive to be the best possible student and runner.

The future is bright for these incredibly talented athletes. So far, they have placed well at most of their meets, and will continue to with the conditioning and goals that they continue to meet. They are taking one hopeful step at a time, with a whole supportive school behind them.