“There’s an extra minute?”

Photo provided by Jenna Becker

Jenna Becker, Staff Writer

Many students were upset over this year’s closed campus policy and left worrying how they would ever make it to class. Administration heard their cries and has officially added an extra minute to the passing periods.

Q: Did you know about the extra minute added to passing periods? How will this improve the hallways of LHS?

Kjerstin Aspaas, 12: “What? I had no idea about the extra minute that was added to the passing period. It makes sense now because after the first week of school, I realized I had more time getting to the classes I struggled to get into during the first week of school, so that’s nice.”

Daniela Benitez, 11: “I didn’t know that there was a change, but I did start getting to class on time after the first week [..] Even though they are still crowded, kids can still get to class on time since we don’t have an open campus anymore. It is overall beneficial.”

Nathan Tornow, 10: “No, I didn’t, but I could kinda tell. It gave me more time to get to my class. I think it’ll be a lot better considering I go all the way from the last door in Spanish all the way to the last door in Geometry. That’s like actually one end of the school to the other, and I actually have time to get to that class. I’m not just getting in as the bell rings, and that gives me time to get my stuff out and ready.”

Emily Krueger, 9: “I did not know about them […] It was pretty busy, but I think it has gotten better because people know where they’re going.”