Getcha head in the game

Kate Fehrs, Staff Writer

With many Fall sports ending, the basketball season is just around the corner with less than a month away.

Let’s bring it back to last year and get a recap on how the past season went for both the boys and girls teams. The boys made it to state in Rapid City, but the girls did not. Both teams had great seasons with extremely talented seniors that will be missed this upcoming season.

The boys have many returning varsity players with quite a few seniors. However, it is quite different for the girls this year. Courtney Klatt will be the only senior leading the girls team this season. Having a younger, less experienced team may bring some challenges, but the talent the team has as a whole is phenomenal.

Having open gyms, weight lifting and playing every Sunday at the Pentagon this past fall will definitely pay off in the long run. Both the boys and girls teams are prepared for this season due to the work they have put in during the off season.

Junior Grant Russell is ready for the season to start. He has a lot of confidence in the team and is ready to get on the court again.

“I am very excited for the season to start because it is my favorite time of the year,” said Russell. “I love the feeling before games and the competitiveness of the whole season.”

Sophomore Morgan Hansen cannot wait any longer for the season to officially start. She is excited to start playing high school games again and she cannot wait to see what this season has in store.

“I think we will be successful because we are all very close and our teamwork will help us, not just our individual skills,” said Hansen.