Kids have traded in playing in the sandbox for playing the app Sandbox

Sophomore+Peyton+Johnson+plays+Sandbox+in+the+cafeteria+before+school.+

Abbie Griffin

Sophomore Peyton Johnson plays Sandbox in the cafeteria before school.

Abbie Griffin, Entertainment Editor

Every time I am babysitting, I swear the kids ask me every time, “Do you got any games?” Well this time I do, and I am not letting anyone else play it.

Over the past few weeks, the app Sandbox has taken over the lives of students at LHS and teens across Sioux Falls. Being a player myself, I can honestly say I am addicted. All you do is color. It is as simple as that, but it is so intriguing.

Each drawing is constructed of numbers and each number has a color that goes with it. Players go through the photo and then add the colors. It is as simple as that. Some drawings can range from easy and take a little amount of time to complete. Others can be complicated and can take a lot longer to finish.

After finishing each drawing, there is also an option where they can watch a fast forward video of all the squares you filled in and in what order they filled them in.

“I like harder puzzles because they look much cooler when you are done and the time lapse is shown,” said senior Tommy Anderson.

Even though sandbox can be a good distraction from homework or studying, it can be hard to stop playing once someone starts.

“I play all day at school and sometimes at home and during rehab for volleyball,” said junior Jacy Bley. “I probably play it around 10 times a day.”