Western Mall Light Show bringing joy back to the holidays

Somer Luitjens, Staff Writer

After a year off, the popular Christmas tradition is returning to the Western Mall. Many locals are excited to hear the news that the holidays are back on in Sioux Falls.

Thousands of guests gather together as the center court area gets illuminated with hundreds of different colors. The holiday music goes along with the beautiful lights making an amazing show for all to watch. The show benefits the Make-A-Wish foundation and runs every day from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day from 5:30-9:30 p.m.

When people heard the news, many already started planning on going to the show as soon as possible. People who attend it get to enjoy five songs with twinkling lights and a fenced in snowy yard with a tall castle structure in the middle. The show runs for about 15 minutes with three minute intermissions in between.

“I am so excited the Light Show is coming back to the mall,” said Sophomore Nicole Schmitz. “My friends and I are already planning on going to see them the day after Thanksgiving. I would not even mind seeing them twice.”

The Western Mall is hopefully drawing more and more people to their show by having several featured nights. They are also attracting more people by putting all free-will donations to grant children with life-threatening medical conditions a wish to give them a sense of happiness and joy for the holidays.

There are many joys coming out of the Light Show coming back to Sioux Falls. Many people are questioning why it went away in the first place. 

Google Public Images
Western Mall Light Show