College Football Playoffs: Game times and teams

The College Football Playoffs are set to kickoff.

Landon DeBoer, Staff Writer

The regular college football regular season has come to a close, and each respected conference has crowned their champion. The fourth annual College Football Playoffs are set to kickoff as the best four teams in college football who make it yearly have been chosen by the College Football Playoffs committee.

The four teams in the College Football Playoffs who will fight for the National Championship this season are the reigning champions Clemson Tigers, the Oklahoma Sooners, the Georgia Bulldogs and the Alabama Crimson Tide.

In the Sugar Bowl, in a rematch of last years’ Championship game, the first seeded Clemson will face off against the fourth seeded Alabama. This game will be a tight matchup between these two teams; Clemson who is attempting to repeat as champions, and Alabama who will look to get back at the team that gave them their only loss of last season. Clemson will play Alabama at 8:45 EST, 7:45 CST on New Year’s Day.

In the other matchup between the second seed, Oklahoma and the third seed, Georgia, they will face off in the Rose Bowl. Oklahoma quarterback, Baker Mayfield will look to lead his team to the championship, whereas Georgia will look to end Oklahoma’s season. Oklahoma will play at 5:00 EST, 4:00 CST before the Clemson versus Alabama, also on New Year’s Day.

The College Football Playoffs will surely be three great match ups of the top four teams in the country. Even though there may be controversy on the teams that made it, fans should look forward to the games.