Lip Sync Battle 2018

Emily Whitney, News Editor

On Thurs. March 22, the annual LHS lip sync battle took place. Both students and teachers participated in mouthing the words, dressing up and dancing to their favorite songs. Viewers of the event were able to watch these talented acts and laugh along with them for a fun, yet meaningful event. Here is a list of the contestants and their songs:

Emcees – Ridge Barr, Lily Becker, Maddie Paul, “New Rules” by Dua Lipa

Lucy Dekkenga, Courtney Klatt, “Baby” by Justin Bieber

Ryleigh Turner, Caitlin Nelson, Johnessa Dwyer, “Rumor Has It/Someone Like You” by Adele

Antonio Humann, “You Make Me Smile” by Uncle Kracker

Ms. Anderson-Finch, “Electric Youth” by Debbie Gibson

Elvis Mizhquiri, Drake Mashup

Taeya Freeman, “Captain Underpants”

Mr. Pastrano, “Hold On” by Wilson Phillips

Towards the end of the show, judges tallied up their votes for the best act of the night. After much anticipation from the crowd and the participants, a winner was announced… Lucy Dekkenga and Courtney Klatt. Their Justin Bieber song choice combined with their gangster outfits led them to victory.

“I mean those boys, (I think they were boys), they worked it,” said emsee Ridge Barr. “I mean, dang.”

Senior prom is rapidly approaching this year coming up on April 28. The money raised through the admissions from this event will be used in various ways to help fund the infamous dance to make it the perfect night.

“It helps funds get set up for prom, so that the senior kids can actually have a decent one,” said Barr. “It was a fun event and that’s why it was worth doing it, so I am really glad I got to be a part of it.”