Dear Incoming Freshman,

Dear Incoming Freshman,

Maddie Rost, Editor-in-Chief

Dear Incoming Freshmen

I know that you probably are a little nervous to start out your four year journey as a Lincoln Crazie! These next four years will be the best four years of your life so far, but there are a few things that you will need to know about being a high schooler before Sept. 6.

First things first, middle school is way different than high school. It’s time to grow up and act more mature, because usually freshmen have a bad rep from seniors. Don’t scream or run through the hallways, you will get to class on time, you won’t get swept, I promise…unless you purposely get to class late. Oh, and don’t be a part of a giant crowd that blocks the hallways, because that will only make the seniors slightly more mad. Another big difference is that we get to carry backpacks around for the whole day. However, that doesn’t mean shove every single textbook into your backpack. Carry minimal pencils, pens, notebooks and folders. Trust me, you don’t want your backpack to weigh more than 10 pounds. The best thing you can do for your grades is to show up to class every day and do not skip study hall! As long as you show up to class and participate, you will pass. It’s not ‘cool’ to fail your classes.

Now here are some things you need to do during your freshman year. Go to all the football games and cheer loud in the student section. Warning: if you don’t cheer loud, you will get booed by the rest of the student section. It happens every year. Participate in all of the Homecoming activities, including dressing up for each of the themes every day. It’s very important to participate because everyone does and some of my favorite memories of high school include Homecoming week. Also, go to all the school dances. Even if you don’t have a date, go with a group of friends! Those are also some of the best memories of high school.

All in all, the most important thing is to make sure you have fun by getting involved school activities and making new friends because that will make the next four years be the best four of your life so far.

Good luck,

Maddie Rost