Fine Arts Student of the Week: Wright

Chyanne+Wright+has+been+chosen+for+Fine+Arts+Student+of+the+Week.+

Chyanne Wright has been chosen for Fine Arts Student of the Week.

Summer Ericson, Staff Writer

Photography teacher Sarah Winterscheidt chose Chyanne Wright as the most recent pick for Fine Arts Student of the Week. Being Fine Arts Student of the Week requires students to inhibit an array of exceptional qualities in their schoolwork, and Wright certainly portrays them.

Wright is in AP 2-D design, which is a year long class. Students create 12 pieces of art in the first semester alone.

“AP readers are looking for experimentation and exploration,” said Winterscheidt. “The class challenges students to be pushed outside of their comfort zone.”

The 2nd semester curriculum is filled with students picking something that they are interested in and using that topic to create 12 more pieces throughout the semester. Throughout both semesters, Wright has shown incredible skill in her work.

“Wright has mastered Photoshop,” said Wintersheidt. “She is an expert at manipulating the elements of principles of design and the application to create her artwork and to also have a meaning in the artwork to express to viewers. She has an incredibly full schedule with band. I don’t believe she even has a lunch period, and she still has yet to hand in anything late.”

Wright has shown an outstanding talent in the art field and even wants to continue to use her talents.

“I also know that she is continuing on in the art field,” said Wintersheidt. “I have written letters of recommendation for her, and I know she has scholarships pending. She wants to study anime and minor in Chinese.”

These qualities make Wright very deserving of LHS’ Fine Arts Student Of The Week.