AP students double productivity after AP tests

Jack Fehrs, Staff Writer

This week, many AP students are taking their long awaited AP tests. Students have been preparing for the tests for weeks and are excited to finally get the heavy weight of the test off of their shoulders. But that does not mean there will be a dip in productivity among AP students.

The common attitude throughout the halls is that AP students actually want to do more work in their AP classes after the tests.

“I can’t wait to do more chemistry and see what Jaws has in store for us!” said Sam Mendel, a junior AP chemistry student.

The teachers of LHS share the same attitude with students. Many will double workloads so that their students do not become bored.

“In my class, we will write an in class essay everyday to keep our writing sharp,” said Amy Eckart, an English teacher. “I’m also going to assign ‘Jane Eyre’ to be read again because I know that my juniors really enjoyed reading it last year.”

Jaws seems to be taking a bit of a different approach to student’s new enthusiasm for being productive.

“While I will be increasing the amount of work in the classroom, I’m also going to increase it on the track,” said Ap Chemistry teacher and track coach, Jaws. “Three days of the week, my classes will do track workouts, and if anyone runs a 400 M dash under a minute, they get an automatic A for the semester.”

The end of this year is sure to be a strong finish for AP students and teachers alike. Student’s new thirst for productivity will no doubt propel them to new heights and keep teachers on their toes. So do not be surprised when you see all of the AP language and composition students smiling with their “Jane Eyre” books in hand or see an AP chemistry student bolt by you in the halls.