PDA is not the Lincoln way

Anna Brecht, Entertainment Editor

PDA: Public Display of Affection. Something that myself and plenty of other students at LHS are uncomfortable seeing while walking down the halls. Love is a beautiful thing, really it is, but while at school, there’s no need to show your love by making out or hanging all over each other.

These ways of showing affection for a significant other can be shown in private. More than being an unpleasant sight, it can be a disruption to the flow of the hallway traffic. To be honest, there’s nothing more bothersome than slow walkers or something preventing people from getting through the halls at a pace that one would want. These little makeout sessions or kisses goodbye definitely fall into the category of slowing the flow of traffic.

Another more common sight to see in the halls of LHS is a couple holding hands. This doesn’t seem to strike as unpleasant of a sight as couples locking lips. The hand-holding just strikes as an unnecessary action that can be done at any other time, except for at school. I just want to stop sometimes and ask “why?” and see if I can get a logical explanation for the PDA that goes on.

So, student couples at LHS, if you could please refrain from kissing and touching until after school hours, I think that would be appreciated by many. Like I said earlier, love really is a beautiful thing, but while in school, showing love and affection is unneeded.