Slow-walkers: Can you pick up the pace?

Riley Rasmussen, Staff Writer

Traveling from A wing to E wing at LHS can be a long and frustrating trip at times. The crowded halls, students everywhere and trying to make it to your next class on time can be tough and annoying. Trying to make it to your next class can result in an LHS student doing something such as walking fast through the halls. The act of fast paced walking can be helpful when you need to get to your next class quickly and there is not much time during passing period left or when you have somewhere you need to be. Walking fast is an ideal action when traveling from class to class here at LHS. Fast-walkers will run into some of the people they despise most in the hallways: the slow-walkers.

Slow-walkers are people who walk slow, people who walk like they have nowhere to be anytime soon, people who walk like they are living, breathing turtles. Slow-walkers are the ones who can cause the large traffic in the hallways to move much, much, much slower. For as much as high schoolers have to walk each day, students should learn that slow walking should not be an option in the hallways during passing time or even at all. Slow-walkers can cause many students in the hallway to get annoyed and frustrated when they have some place to be.

It can be hard for students to be on time when slow-walkers are in their way or are blocking students from moving around them. It can be inconvenient when slow-walkers are moving at the pace of a turtle and making everyone behind them walk at the pace of a turtle also. What is everyone suppose to do when they are affected by the slow-walkers in the hallways? How do we let these people know that they should really pick up the pace? People want to let the slow-walkers know that this is annoying and frustrating to them. Sometimes people think that pushing the slow-walkers could possibly be the right answer. But we should all keep in mind the golden rule, the rule in which we were always reminded of when we were younger. When the thought of pushing slow-walkers comes into our heads just remember, ‘Treat others how you want to be treated.’ So always remember that if you push the slow-walkers, the slow-walkers might push you back. On the other hand, you are faster than the slow-walkers so they might not even catch up to you.

Lastly,to all the slow-walkers out there, I know you might not be born gifted with walking at a fast or reasonable pace but please just speed it up, it would be greatly appreciated by many in the hallways.