More than just long, boring walls?

Jannah Oroceo, LHS Freshman Connections Student

As you walk into LHS, you’re probably expecting the movie-cliche first day. Long, endless, boring walls with a line of tall, intimidating blue lockers. Snarling teachers outside their doors with a perfect bun and a sharp pencil skirt. You in a heavy backpack, smaller than all your classmates ready to hear the annoying ring of the bell. At least that’s what I thought.

“I think it’s pretty dark and I think it’s also very intimidating,” said Sophia Boyt.
While some can agree with Boyt, some say it’s a great place to learn and have fun with electives you choose. Many current students have come into our summer connections class to tell everyone how fun high school can be.

As I walked through the halls, I find myself gazing at the beautiful murals of the “boring walls” and “Lincoln Pride” posters throughout the school. My impression of LHS has changed while walking through the school. It’s no longer the movie-cliche first day. Maybe LHS is more than just boring walls. Maybee LHS gets more fun every time you’re positive about learning.

“It teaches our minds to be greater,” said Tyshann Taite.