Lonzo’s league?

Lonzos+league%3F

Hunter Merkley, Staff Writer

Starting in high school, Lonzo Ball has been a highly discussed basketball player. While in college the UCLA star led his team to a sweet 16 appearance during March Madness. While at UCLA, Ball averaged 14.6 points per game and 7.6 assist per game making him one of the best point guards in college basketball. He also received first team All-American honors in his one season with the Bruins. Fresh off of a great year of college, Ball was the second pick in the NBA draft. He was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers to be the new face of their franchise.

There has been a lot of drama and noise surrounding Ball’s entrance to the league. For example, most players entering the league sign with a well established brand, such as Under Armour, Nike or Adidas. Ball decided that he would take an unconventional route and sign with his personal brand BBB also known as Big Baller Brand. Ball also stunned the sports world when he unveiled his own personal shoe called the ZO2. Doing such a thing is unheard of for a rookie. His shoe retails for an absurd amount of 500 dollars.

Despite his off the court shenanigans, Ball looks like a promising young guard in the NBA. His speed and vision is what makes him so unique. Not to mention his ability to reach the basket with ease. The average height of a NBA point guard is 6 feet 2 inches, Ball is 6 feet 6 inches. This creates a major size advantage for Ball over his defender. Many NBA analysts believe that if Ball can focus on sharing the rock and getting rebounds that he could have a R.O.Y kind of season.   

No one can argue that Lonzo Ball was a great collegiate and high school player, his stats speak for themselves. The question is if his off the court issues will affect how he will play in the NBA. Many NBA fans are eager to see what Ball will accomplish in the upcoming 2017-18 season.