A to E wing: Is there a faster way?

Caiden Capaldo, Staff Writer

With recent additions to security measures at LHS, many are left struggling to get to class on time. Many are left wondering how they can get to class without being swept.

However, before this article is read any further, keep in mind that this is not an attack on the administration or leadership in the school, it is simply an article outlining one specific problem that LHS students face day-to-day. The adversity that students face is easy to understand, the hallways are too narrow and cluttered to allow students to travel from class to class efficiently.

In the past, students have been allowed to travel outside the school to enter into the administration doors, shaving minutes off of their original travel time within the halls. LHS junior Tavniah Dyer has much to say about the issue.

“If you speed walk and push people out of the way, [then you should be able to get to your class],” said Dyer. “There are too many people, so there are traffic jams and stand-stills. Those are the biggest [problems].”

Dyer is not the only student that thinks the hallway situation is a little congested. Many can be heard complaining about how ridiculous the state of the hallways are. Some believe that there are alternative routes though.

Kyle Dietz, a biology teacher at LHS, claims that the fastest way to get from one end of the school to the other is by scaling the school and walking on the roof. Monica Conover wishes that she would have more physical advantages while walking the halls.

“If you were Mr. Lance [Luitjens], then you’d be able to get through the halls better,” said Conover. “I mean, I am so super short but if [you were tall like Luitjens] then you could get through the halls in three minutes. You should invite him to walk with you every time.”

Regardless of the adversity LHS faces, hopefully all can agree that the leaders and administration of LHS are doing the best they can to ensure a quality education for everyone. Maybe, just maybe, this tribulation will help the community be strengthened in a way no one had expected.