Fashionistas bring Fashion Club to LHS

Sage+Bourne%2C+a+leader+of+the+Fashion+Club%2C+poses+for+a+picture+in+her+trendy+plaid+pants.+

Photo by Summer Ericson

Sage Bourne, a leader of the Fashion Club, poses for a picture in her trendy plaid pants.

Summer Ericson, OP-ED Editor

Having a unique sense of fashion is more than just following the trends. According to the creator of the LHS Fashion club, Sage Bourne, it is also about showing creativity in what you wear and how you wear it.

Bourne, a junior, created a club, along with other LHS students, to share her love of fashion with fellow “fashionistas.” Hannah Hansen, a sophomore at LHS, and Tessa Browen, a junior, who are also leaders of the Fashion Club, started the club based on their shared interest of fashion.

“My friend and I wanted to start a club and we’re both interested in fashion and creating our own clothes,” said Bourne. “I really enjoy all of the different things that you can do with clothes.”

Growing up, the leaders of the Fashion Club had some influences to help their love of fashion grow.

“My family has always been into clothes and into expressing themselves through what they wear, so I’ve always been into wearing different clothes,” said Bourne.

The club is set to have its first meeting on Thurs. Oct 26, and plans to continue their meetings every other Thursday or Tuesday. They will meet in Mrs. Slowey’s room to do different activities related to fashion.

“We’re going to have different activities each week like distressing jeans or bleaching clothes,” said Bourne. “We also want to tour the fashion school in Sioux Falls or go thrift shopping.”

Whether students are interested in fashion, or just want to improve their sense of style, fashion club is a unique way to get involved at LHS.