"The best way to predict your future is to create it." Abraham Lincoln

Giant problems in New York

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - DECEMBER 11:  (NEW YORK DAILIES OUT)   Head coach Ben McAdoo of the New York Giants reacts during a game against the Dallas Cowboys on December 11, 2016 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The Giants defeated the Cowboys 10-7.  (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - DECEMBER 11: (NEW YORK DAILIES OUT) Head coach Ben McAdoo of the New York Giants reacts during a game against the Dallas Cowboys on December 11, 2016 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The Giants defeated the Cowboys 10-7. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Hunter Merkley, Staff Writer

With the 2017-18 NFL season coming near an end, the NY Giants are still looking for answers. The 2-10 Giants have struggled throughout the season to score points and find their identity on offense. Not to mention the lack of leadership found in their head office and on the field. The combination of these problems have led to the firing of their head coach mid-season and created an atmosphere in which players do not want to play.

Ben McAdoo, former head coach of the NY Giants, was fired early today. He was hired in 2016 after legendary coach Tom Coughlin retired from the position. Expectations were high for McAdoo as soon as he named head coach. He failed miserably to meet them. He also made the terrible decision of benching 13 year starter Eli Manning. This is the decision that ultimately cost him his job.

Two time Super Bowl champ, Eli Manning, took a seat this week against the Raiders. This ended his 210 game streak of continuous starts. Geno Smith was named the starter. Some say that the Giants are trying to tank to get a good draft pick in the upcoming draft, but the Giants deny all allegations of that. Either way the Giants still lost in a 17-24 defeat. In the following weeks the Giants schedule continues to prove tough. The Giants play the Cowboys and the Eagles in week 14 and 15.

Giants fans are not happy with the situation. Hopefully the organization can turn it around this season if not next.