Collision Leadership Team starting a new LHS tradition

Somer Luitjens, Staff Writer

The Collision Student Leadership team (otherwise known as SaLT) at LHS is trying to find a new way to bring kids together and find a little hope this month on Dec. 17.

The idea started a few months ago at one of the SaLT meetings when they thought of putting on their own worship concert at our school. They are have a couple musically talented students willing to put on a concert for any LHS student wanting to attend. The concert will put on by Senior, Savannah Heeran and the rest of the team.

“The concert will consist of singing songs, sharing different stories and praying over the school,” said Heeren.

There are going to be at least seven students performing at the concert including Savannah Heeren, Noah Fickel, Elizabeth Dumansky, Luke Schilmoeller, David FloresGrajeda, Slater Dixon and Liam Reese. Each one will be either helping with vocals or playing their own instrument.

The concert is for far more than just entertainment. It also fills the purpose of bringing hope and comfort for all those in need. There have been many tragedies that have happened at LHS during the year, and this concert is a great way to bring those students who are hurting, together.

“The point of the concert is to bring kids together, especially with the recent deaths that have happened, I think it is a great way for kids to cope,” said Heeren. “We just want to give a little hope to students, especially those who are hurting.”