The 2018 Winter Olympics, with gold in sight

Twins+who+take+on+the+ice+together+stay+together.++
Twins who take on the ice together stay together.

Google Public Image

Google Public Image

Brita Quello, Staff Writer

This Feb. 9th in South Korea, the U.S Olympians will march in the opening ceremony, with the whole world watching. No pressure, right? During this world-wide appearance, three specific athletes may catch your eye: Monique Lamoureux-Morando, Jocelyn Lamoureux-Davidson and Chris Corning.

Monique Lamoureux-Morando is a two-time silver medalist, who is making another appearance this year in ice hockey. Not to mention, her hometown is in our neighboring state, N.D. She has competed in Four Nations Cup, for the last 10 years, taking home gold five times, sliver four times and bronze once. When she is not on the rink, her hobbies including playing soccer and spending time with her family. Not only does she spend time with her family off the ice, but she spends time with her twin sister, Jocelyn Lamoureux-Davidson, on the ice.

Jocelyn Lamoureux-Davidson is also a two time silver medalist who is making another appearance this year in ice hockey, with her twin sister, in this years Olympics. Outside of ice hockey, she is currently pursuing her master’s degree in kinesiology. In addition, her hobbies also includes soccer and golf.

Finally, Chris Corning is making his first Olympic appearance this year, in South Korea, for snowboarding. He was born in Colorado, and is a part of the Aspen Valley snowboarding team. Most recently, he also made his first appearance in 2017 at the World Championship, taking home silver. Outside of snowboarding, his hobbies including dirt biking and camping. Although, when his snowboarding days are over, he is hoping to go to culinary school.

Tune into the 2018 Winter Olympics, this Feb. 9th, in South Korea, to see these athletes compete in the competition of their life.