Super Bowl LII

Nick Foles holds up the Lombardi Trophy after winning the first Super Bowl in Eagles history.

GOOGLE PUBLIC USE

GOOGLE PUBLIC USE

Landon DeBoer, Staff Writer

After a grueling season, the Philadelphia Eagles have been crowned Champions of Super Bowl LII.

The Eagles defeated the New England Patriots in the big game, by a score of 41-33. In a game that most thought would be won by defense, the offense prevailed. In total, there was only one punt the entire game.

The Eagles and Patriots combined for 1,151 yards and 74 points. Super Bowl MVP, Eagles backup quarterback, Nick Foles threw for a total of 373 yards, three touchdowns and only one interception, along with a touchdown catch of his own. Whereas on the losing side, Patriots’ quarterback, Tom Brady threw for 505 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions, which was still not enough to give the Patriots a win.

The gutsiest play call of the whole game, might have been on fourth and goal at the end of the first half. The Eagles ran a direct snap to the halfback who tossed it to wideout Trey Burton who then rolled out to the right and found a wide open Foles for a touchdown.

A strip sack late in the fourth quarter by Eagles defensive end, Brandon Graham would put the game away. The Eagles would score a field goal off of this takeaway, to put them up by eight points, just out of reach for another epic comeback by Brady.

The game was an offensive showcase, where both teams played to win and did not hold anything back, as they both left it all on the field.