The Lady Pats are headed to state

Hunter Merkley, Staff Writer

Last week the LHS girls basketball team qualified for state after beating Watertown 65-57. The win guaranteed them the number two seed in the upcoming tournament. Overall the team finished with an impressive 16-3 record.

The Pats will face off against cross town rivals: WHS. The game will be played at the Denny Sanford Premier Center on March 15th. LHS will most likely have the mental edge heading into this game because they defeated the Warriors earlier in the season.

The Pats will have the advantage in the post with sophomore Morgan Hansen holding down the paint. The Pats also have incredible depth in their bench which makes it easy for coaches to sub in and out. Another advantage the Pats have is their ability to shoot from beyond the arc. Most of the team can shoot and make 3 point shots. Senior Courtney Klatt is said to be one of, if not the best shooter in the state. The team is also skilled in the fast break and defencive aspects. Any teams that have to face the Pats are thrown many different defensive schemes and full court presses.

The dedication and want to win is what separated the Lady Pats throughout the season. With a very long season the team has been able to stay health and push through the adversity that comes with a 19+ game schedule.  

With a state championship on the line we hope to see all the Lincoln crazies at the Denny on Thursday.