The Duke dilemma

The "Cameron Crazies" cheer on the Blue Devils on the path to the NCAA Tournament.

Adam Glanzman

Adam Glanzman

Landon DeBoer, Staff Writer

It’s always a difficult choice while filling in the NCAA tournament bracket whether or not to pick the Duke Blue Devils to get upset in the first couple of rounds, or pick them to win the National Championship. This is a year in which they could make it all the way, or they could underperform.

The Blue Devils are coming off of an underwhelming performance against the University of North Carolina Tar Heels in the ACC Tournament and may continue this sloppy play, but this is one of those years where they will make a run at the title.

Duke comes into the tournament as a number two seed in the Midwest Region of the NCAA Tournament. The Blue Devils are an offensive powerhouse led by freshmen forwards Marvin Bagley III and Wendell Carter Jr. The two potential top 10 NBA draft picks are a deadly combination on the court, as both Bagley and Carter are stellar rebounders and scorers. Alongside these dominant big men in the frontcourt, senior guard, Grayson Allen looks to win his second National Championship at Duke. If these three weapons of Bagley, Carter and Allen can perform at a high level, Duke’s offense could carry them to the Championship.

Although Duke’s defense is not the best, if the Blue Devils can step up and play team basketball on both sides of the ball, Duke may just be the best team in the NCAA Tournament. Watch out for the Blue Devils to make a run deep into March and possibly early April.

How to watch Duke(2) vs Iona(15): The Blue Devils will square off against the Iona Gaels on Thursday, March 15, at 1:45 on CBS.