Science student of the week: Isaac Sarbacker

Freshman Isaac Sarbacker is awarded this weeks student of the week for the science department

Sydney Rosinsky, Social Media Coordinator/ Op Ed

This week’s student of the week was chosen by the science department, more specifically, James Jarovski. Jarovski teaches both accelerated and AP chemistry. Throughout the various students he sees every day he selected freshman Isaac Sarbacker from his accelerated chemistry class as the student of the week.

“Isaac has done an excellent job in accelerated chemistry this year,” said Jarovski. “He is passionate and driven.”

To be a good student, one needs to not only understand what is being taught, but also know what type of questions to ask and how each concept relates to one another. Along with this, one also needs to be able to communicate with others in the class and always have a positive attitude, such as Sarbacker’s.

“Isaac, who is only a freshman, enjoys science and he asks questions that go beyond the scope of the course,” said Jarovski. “More importantly is that Isaac has had an outstanding attitude, he works extremely hard and works well with others in the class.”

One aspect that separates Isaac from others in his class is how well he has done on each test Jarovski has given.

“Isaac has yet to miss a question on a test for the entire year,” said Jarovski. “He is the first student to ever accomplish this.”

Not only is it impressive that Sarbacker has 100 percent in the test category of accelerated chemistry as a freshman, but he also is noted with having such a great attitude towards others and also in the classroom.